Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Signs of spring


Live in each season as it passes, breathe the air, taste the fruit, drink the drink, and resign yourself to the influences of each. 
--Henry David Thoreau

I love having four seasons. I lived on the Gulf Coast for a while, and while there are definitely advantages to having warm weather most of the time, I missed the cycle of the seasons and the sense that time was passing.

And so I try to enjoy each season as it comes, especially since they all tend to be relatively mild here. But this winter has been drearier than any I remember. I can deal with cold, but the days and days of gray wear on me.

So today I was thrilled to spot this little scene next to my front porch. Daffodils!

Spring -- and brighter days -- are on their way!

No comments:

Post a Comment